Most doctors prescribe drugs for sleep. They tell their patients nothing else works. Of course, this isn’t true at all.
Just look at brand-new research from the Center for Applied Health Sciences that shows there’s a powerful herbal remedy that can help you improve your quality of sleep naturally.
I’m talking about hemp oil.
I’ve written to you before about hemp’s ability to relieve chronic pain and arthritis,1,2 lower blood sugar,3 improve cognition,4 ease anxiety 5 and reduce inflammation.6
Now, new studies suggest we can add a better night’s sleep to its many benefits. You see, Big Pharma’s answer is always going to be its own expensive and dangerous “sleep aids” like Ambien and Lunesta. This just continues to make a serious problem even worse.
Consider a new study that was recently presented at the Alzheimer’s Association International Conference.
Researchers at the University of California, San Francisco, tracked more than 3,000 adults without dementia, aged 70-79, over a 15-year period.
They found that older adults who took prescribed sleep medications “often” or “almost always” were 43% more likely to develop dementia than those who reported “never” or “rarely” taking sleep medications.7
But with hemp, we have a new way to improve the quality and duration of your sleep naturally without resorting to these dangerous prescription drugs.
The Center for Applied Health Sciences recently reported the results of a placebo-controlled study of hemp oil extract. They found that otherwise healthy adults who took a hemp oil extract experienced a 22% improvement in sleep quality and a 21% improvement in sleep quantity.8
In another study, researchers at the University of Colorado and Colorado State University followed 72 patients with sleep and anxiety-related disorders.
After using hemp oil for one month, 79% of those participating reported experiencing less anxiety, while 67% reported improved sleep.9
Get That Illusive Good Night’s Sleep with Hemp Oil
You can use hemp oil to immediately improve your quality of sleep. Here’s what I tell my patients…
- Choose the way you want to take it. There are several ways to take hemp oil. Before choosing a method, check with your doctor to help you chose the best one. Some of the methods include pure concentrates, tinctures, vaporizing, supplement and topical treatments.
- Make sure your hemp oil hasn’t been “watered down.” A lot of supplement companies try to eke out as much profit as they can by diluting their products with fillers. Pay attention to the concentration level of the oil you’re buying.
- Read the ingredient list. Look for products with high-quality ingredients. Avoid corn syrup, GMOs, pesticides, trans fats or artificial additives
- Look for a product that’s been lab-tested. Find an oil that has been tested for consistency, and verified as free of mold, bacteria, pesticides, solvent residues and other contaminants.
To Your Good Health,
Al Sears, MD, CNS.
1. Genaro K, et al. “Cannabidiol is a potential therapeutic for the affective-motivational dimension of incision pain in rats.” Front Pharmacol. 2017;8:391. 2. Philpott HT, et al. “Attenuation of early phase inflammation by cannabidiol prevents pain and nerve damage in rat osteoarthritis.” Pain. 2017;158(12):2442-2451. 3. Weiss L, et al. “Cannabidiol lowers incidence of diabetes in non-obese diabetic mice.” Autoimmunity. 2006;39(2):143-151. 4. Bilkei-Gorzo A, et al. “A chronic low dose of ∆9 –tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) restores cognitive function in old mice.” Nat Med. 2017;23(6):782-787. 5. Bergamaschi MM, et al. “Cannabidiol reduces the anxiety induced by simulated public speaking in treatment-naïve social phobia patients.” Neuropsychopharmacology. 2011;36(6):1219–1226. 6. Philpott HT, et al. “Attenuation of early phase inflammation by cannabidiol prevents pain and nerve damage in rat osteoarthritis.” Pain. 2017;158(12):2442-2451. 7. Leng Y, et al. “Sleep medication use and risk of dementia in a biracial cohort of older adults.” Presented at: Alzheimer’s Association International Conference; July 14-18, 2019; Los Angeles. 8. CV Sciences, Inc. (2019, June 17). Effects of a CBD-containing supercritical fluid extract of hemp on markers of optimal wellness, stress resilience, and recovery in healthy subjects [Press release]. Retrieved from globenewswire.com/news- /2019/06/17/1869625/0/en/Groundbreaking-Research-Proves-Efficacy-of-PlusCBD-Oil-in-Sleep-Wellness-and-Weight-Loss-Applications.html. Accessed 16 July 2019. 9. Shannon S, et al. “Cannabidiol in anxiety and sleep: A large case series.” Perm J. 2019;23:18-041.